To assist Christians to understand how to live a life of faith as a witness for Christ in their family, community, workplace or school.
This course lays the foundations for a life of faith that is lived intentionally as a witness for Christ. To begin the student will explore what it means to be a witness as well as the source of grace to live as such. The student will then examine, in biblical and practical terms, what it means to live as a witness in his or her family, community, work place or school. In latter lessons the student will prepare to tell his or her own personal testimony of encounter and relationship with God through Christ as well as basic responses to common objections to the Christian faith. In the final lesson the student will process how to live as a faithful witness in the face of persecution.
Content: By the end of the course, the student will be able:
- To explain the biblical concept of “a witness” for Christ, and be able to cite and discuss two biblical examples.
- To describe how a relationship with God brings motivation and confidence to a life lived as a witness for Christ
- To identify the various elements (events, people, ideas, etc..) that contributed to their conversion and growth in faith in God through Jesus Christ
- To be able to provide a basic answer to three common objections to the Christian faith:
- That Jesus is not the Son of God
- That Jesus did not die on the cross nor was he resurrected from the dead
- That the Bible has been changed and is therefore unreliable
Character: By the end of the course, the student will demonstrate:
- Confidence in God that will enable him/her to live a bold and faithful life of faith as an intentional witness for Christ in his/her family, community, work place or school
- Patience and joy in persecution as a result of his/her life of witness for Christ
- Integrity so that his/her witness will not be compromised by sin and other behaviour that is not consistent with a life of faith in Christ
- Love and compassion for other believers who are struggling with their witness
Competency: By the end of the course, the student will be able:
- To take specific steps to establish his or her witness for Christ in their family, community, work place or school
- To know how to encourage and pray for other believers who are struggling with their witness or are suffering persecution
- To clearly and briefly explain the Gospel of Jesus Christ, complete with supporting Scriptural texts
- To give his or her personal testimony of encounter (salvation) and relationship with God