If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we will have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
So you have become a Christian! A miracle has taken place in your life, your sins have been forgiven, and everything has changed. Is your heart filled with joy so that you feel like singing and telling everyone about your experience? If so, Praise the Lord! But perhaps you do not feel anything at all. Perhaps that early joy has faded and the Christian life seems to be rather difficult. Worse still, you have committed some sin that you thought you would never do again and a doubt has crept into your heart. What has happened? Isn’t a Christian someone who is never tempted and always joyful? Perhaps it was imagination after all!
These lessons aim to help you to find the answers to these questions, to help you understand the change that has taken place in your life and what it means to live as a Christian. We will consider:
- The SECURITY of the Christian: Who am I? How do I know I am truly a Christian?
- The PROFILE of the Christian: What characterizes me?
- The VICTORY of the Christian in the face of temptation: How can I resist it?
- The DISCERNMENT of the Christian: What should I believe?
- The Christian WALKING in the light: What do I do if I sin?