Entrusting what we have received to faithful people who will be able to teach others also.
Progressing Together offers discipleship and training resources for all stages of Christian maturity from initial discipleship onward. We make these courses available to young churches and followers of Christ where they live and minister.
“And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.”
2 Timothy 2:2 (NIV)
- Progressing in maturity in Christ
- Together as we build each other up in unity
- On-site, decentralised, accessible and practical
- On-going, easily reproducible and multi-level
- Interdenominational, proclaiming the riches of our wide Christian heritage
Progressing, Growing in the faith
- Courses are centred on the Bible—biblical passages serve as the basis of the lessons
- The courses train students to feed on the Word for themselves, to understand it, to reflect on it, to let it correct them, to share it, and to put it into practice in the context of the local church.
- Through an active, inductive methodology, the program aims to teach students to interpret and obey the Word—not simply to acquire Biblical knowledge
To learn with others is to encourage one another! Learning . . .
- To appreciate the Church’s diversity, by understanding the position of believers from other doctrinal perspectives.
- To work together in the local church or with brothers and sisters from the same region
- Reinforcing church life under the direction of church leadership
- Without needing to travel outside the country or to depend on a particular facility
- Without the need of significant help from the outside
- Without depending on the long term presence of expert professors in theology
- Without heavy financial backing or significant resources
- A progressive, ordered, multi-level program
- Easy to transfer to others – Students are soon able to lead others through the lessons they have learned, multiplying the teaching body of the Church.