To work with elders, discipleship group leaders and church planting pastors in newly responsive areas to come to an understanding of continual victorious living in Christ, trusting in the Holy Spirit’s help and guidance in teaching and leading their people.
This course begins by examining the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. Subjects covered include the work of the Holy Spirit, baptism in the Spirit, fullness of the Spirit, fruit of the Spirit, and the gifts of the Spirit. The course also deals with the believer’s identity in Christ, the process of sanctification, spiritual battle, and growth in grace, all essential elements of a fruitful Christian life.
Content: By the end of the course, the student will be able…
- To communicate the meaning of becoming a new creation and of finding one’s identity in Christ.
- To explain human and divine elements of our progress in sanctification.
Character: Through this course, the student will be encouraged:
- To embrace the presence and work of the Holy Spirit in conviction, baptism, sealing, teaching, gifting, leading and filling the believer.
- To demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit in life and character.
- To embrace his or her responsibility to use one’s spiritual gifts for the edification of the church.
- To progress towards victory over sin and temptation, standing firmly in one’s new identity in Christ.
- To embrace a life of prayer and dependence on God in every circumstance.
Competency: By the end of the course, the student will be able:
- To communicate a biblical perspective on various aspects of spiritual gifts, including the issues of hierarchy and superiority of particular gifts.
- To clearly articulate the difference between the fruits and gifts of the Spirit, and to identify examples of fruits and gifts in the life of a believer.
- To explain to someone else, with biblical support, how to live a victorious Christian life.