The course has not been uploaded yet, but it will be shortly.
The student will use the basic principles of Bible study already introduced in BIBL201.
This course should enable the student to do the following:
- Distinguish the poetical literary type, as opposed to historical or prophetical writings.
- Understand Hebrew poetic structures and principles for their interpretation.
- Receive an introduction to each poetic book and study selected chapters in more detail.
- Identify the purposes of the authors at the time of writing and be able to apply their messages to today.
- Learn some Psalms, Proverbs, and Scripture portions by heart or be able to locate them quickly. Be able to incorporate them in personal worship and to apply them to personal life situations.
- Explain the place of Jesus Christ in these books, especially the allusions to and types of Christ.