The Gospel in the Old Testament
We highly recommend beginning the program with BIBL201. The historical section (BIBL202–BIBL203–BIBL204) should then be studied in chronological order. The student will progressively come to see how God developed the plan of salvation throughout history. At the same time, each course should build on the foundation of the previous one(s) and prepare the student for the following one(s).
The student will use the basic principles of Bible study already introduced in BIBL201.
- To understand the original context (biblical, historical, and cultural) of these five books.
- To underst and where each of these books falls in the history of the plan of salvation.
- To recognize major characters in these books and to place them in their historical context.
- To describe the role of the covenant in the history of salvation.
- To show how the Messiah is foreshadowed in these books through allusions and typology.
- Embrace the importance of these books as essential to correctly understanding the Gospel.
- Embrace his own covenant with the one true God through Christ’s blood, shed for him/her.
- To categorize laws in the Torah as civil, ritual, or moral and understand how they relate to Christian life.
- To show the specific book in which key people, events and ideas are featured.
- To demonstrate orally or in writing the New Testament fulfils or Old Testament events «types» of Christ and salvation